Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cute things my kids say and my mom warns me to write down lest I forget

This post will need some follow-ups as I think of more things, but for starters:

Eleanor: "blana" = banana. And for some reason, she says AP-ricot (with a short-a sound) rather than APE-ricot, like I do. Where did she get that? For that matter, I dislike apricots; where did she get this obsession?

Miles and vocab: "Dreary" as in "Mommy, don't you think this room is kind of dreary?" He had no idea what it meant, though; thought it was like "hot". And of course, "Mommy, it's kind of dim in here. Can I turn the light on?"

Eleanor: "Where's my Miles?" "Mommy, we go get my Miles now?" (On the occasion of Miles' first slumber party - I thought she'd enjoy the personal attention/Mommy time, but she was too distressed that her best friend was not present at bedtime or breakfast.)

Eleanor, crying: "I soccer too! I soccer too! No soccer for Miles!" (When Miles left for soccer class. She doesn't know what soccer is; she DOES, however, know what a SUCKER is (aka lollipop) and apparently was miffed she didn't get one.)

Miles: "Mommy, I think I will have a dream about when I will be a REAL ballerina." (I checked out "Angelina Ballerina" from the library for Eleanor. But just like Fancy Nancy and Olivia, Miles sort of appropriated this one for himself, too.)

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good fodder for embarrassing toasts at wedding rehearsal dinners....

    ReplyDelete