Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving morning

good thing: I ran my Turkey Trot 5k, and Miles ran his "Gobble Gallop". Weather wasn't too bad, I had a good time (at least for the first 2 miles), and managed to run (ie shuffle) all the way. Hooray, and thanks to Laura for being such an encourager!

bad thing: woke up this morning and my lovely induction cooktop is broken, blinking error codes at me. I can't find an appliance repair company who will even answer the phone on Thanksgiving. And my entire family is flying in for a long weekend. So much for all my careful meal planning and grocery shopping! I guess it's the oven for us: turkey with no gravy or mashed potatoes? Or I've heard of dishwasher cooking, maybe we'll try that...

From what I can see on Google, this is probably not going to be a cheap or quick fix. In the meantime, I think we'll be bringing our Coleman camping stove up into the kitchen for necessities...at least, as soon as a store opens where we can buy those little camping size things of propane.

Sigh. But I am thankful. We're in a nice warm house, with plenty of (raw) food, healthy (and energetic) kids, and the likelihood of seeing my wonderful family for the next several days. Thanks, God!

2 comments:

  1. we fixed it! sort of... had to cycle the breaker and wait a long time (i.e. overnight) before powering it back up. and it is sort of snippy now. i mean it works if you only use 1-2 burners. if you try for 3 it goes on strike again. lazy cooktop. but it got us through T-day and family in-town time. thanks, God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was definitely an unusual Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete