Sunday, March 20, 2011

disillusioned

I was working on Eleanor's hair the other morning (is it just me or do a lot of my anecdotes start out like that? Somehow I think this hair thing is consuming more of my time than I realize.) Eleanor, bored, starts fiddling around with the plastic container of shea butter (for her skin, not hair).

Eleanor: Thank you, God, for this!

me, thinking to myself: how sweet! Something is sinking in!

A few moments later, Eleanor still can't get the plastic tub open.

Eleanor: This is too hard, God!

me, thinking to myself: oh look, and now she's taking her little problems to God. Wow!

Another moment passes.

Eleanor: I am God.

me, thinking to myself: oh, dear. So much for that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!

    At a park here last summer a little four year old came up to Ava right after we arrived and said, "This is MY park." Ava replied, "no, it isn't. It's God's park." The little girl started crying and said, "My name is not God!."

    ReplyDelete