Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bringing home Juliet

So a lot has been happening, but I do owe it to our new arrival to put up some photos!

Juliet Thalia Lee, born August 2, adopted August 4, home from Utah August 14. Here she is, wearing a gorgeous hand-sewn dress from our dear friend Kris. How she sewed this and mailed it in time to reach us a few days after we got home ourselves, I have no idea. It's also the only thing we own tiny enough to fit Juliet.



Both big brother and sister are enamored.




Of course, their enthusiastic "helping" has to be carefully monitored; Eleanor in particular thinks she herself is much stronger and wiser in baby lore than she actually is. ("But mommy, baby Juliet WANTS a pruntzel (pretzel)!" "OK, mommy, I will carry Juliet downstairs and hold her on my lap for you." "Mommy, the baby is CRYING!" (while we are driving home from church, stating the painfully obvious))

But they are pretty sweet together...



And of course, the obligatory bathtub photo (with gracefully draped washcloth). She really loves her bath!

Juliet had her first doctor's appointment today, and apparently is pretty healthy and normal, by the way. But ridiculously short (3rd percentile for height)! At this rate she'll never be able to wear Eleanor's clothes, which would be a tragedy to make me weep...

5 comments:

  1. I WANT her! Seriously, if Juliet ever goes missing, just come over to my house! That first picture is SOOOOOOOOO precious and the dress is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing- so glad she is home with you all...praying sister! Much love and blessings may He continue to pour out on your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lips need to be firmly implanted on those adorable cheeks. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with Nicole's comment, so you might wanna check here too.

    Those pics of the three together brought tears to my eyes. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress IS beautiful! can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete