Tuesday, September 27, 2011

things I might want to remember someday

my kids, sitting around the dinner table, loudly singing, "I love rock-n-roll; put another dime in the JUICEBOX baby!"

Classic example of American overconfidence: I'm explaining to the kids why I would not be a good gymnastics teacher. For one thing, I can't even do a cartwheel! In perfect unison, both kids chime in with an, "I CAN!!" And no, they can't. Aunt Cammie spent a few minutes over Labor Day showing them the general concept, but their version is not even close yet.

Miles, talking about his tap class: "It was all commotion-ful!"

Juliet's first almost-laugh!

Eleanor, cheerfully: "Mommy, if our new baby dies, I can scoot my bed back in that room!"

1 comment:

  1. These kids obviously have way too much self-esteem. Better move toward a different parenting style, with more criticism and less encouragement.

    ReplyDelete