Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a public apology

To my wonderful husband. Who (I thought) paid $286 for a Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving. I did acknowledge, at the time, that it was the most beautiful tree I had ever seen...but pretty much complained about his tree-shopping skills and lack of frugality for the next, oh, four weeks, to anyone who would listen.

Upon opening Christmas gifts, I realized that a significant chunk of that money actually went toward a gift for me (purchased at the same time/place as said Christmas tree).

Sorry, honey!

(side note: Miles thinks that's Scott's title. He said, "I'm your son. Eleanor's your daughter." And when I asked what Daddy was for me, he said, "He's your hon!")

4 comments:

  1. Nah, he had it coming. And I think he enjoyed the stir he caused.
    Nice apology, although John Cleese's in "A Fish Called Wanda" was better.
    How about posting a photo of said gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute.

    Soooo....what was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a giant, probably 80-lb lawn sculpture of a grumpy frog holding a book. Sounds tacky, I know, but it's actually adorable, and I think symbolizes my personality admirably. And I think it goes with a promise of buying some landscaping - or at least some lawn - in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to ask what it was too, but Kate beat me to it.
    I have been humbled like that many a time and I actually like it. It keeps me in check. Thanks for sharing it. :)
    I love it when we get good surprises, too.

    ReplyDelete