Friday, February 12, 2010

obsession of the day: violin!

So I'm praying that maybe the obsession with drums is tapering off, because it's awfully loud and is ruining my furniture. Hooray for "Elmo's Musical Adventures: Peter and the Wolf," because Miles is going around today singing the "Peter" theme and telling me which instrument goes with which character. He, of course, wants to be Elmo (who plays Peter and also the violin) but is now scared of horns (which play the wolf).

Anyway, today Miles dug out two of my wooden spoons and said, "this is my violin!" He's walking around holding one up to his chin and scraping the other across it like a bow. We dug out "Music of the Heart" and I let him watch the ending concert sequence, with all the kids playing their violins; he stood and "played" along for the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. Guess I should save Grandma's violin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! love that you're in blogger world now, emily! can't wait to hear all your kiddos' silly antics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miles would probably love it if you dug out Grandma's violin and put one string on it - he could REALLY "practice" then!

    ReplyDelete