Friday, April 29, 2011

I have a sweet, sweet son

Today, during "rest time" (we've abolished naptime in favor of quiet in-room play now), Miles decided to write some letters, probably inspired by the Frog and Toad story, "The Letter".

Before dinner tonight, he proudly brought his efforts to me. He wrote one letter for Mom, one for Dad, and one for Miss "Lora".

Here's mine:


Transliteration:

DEAR MOM
IM GALD (glad) YOU
CARE ABUT (about)
ME ALL THE
TIME AND E-
VER (ever)

People, I am saving this one.

I'm also relatively impressed by his spelling, if not necessarily his four-year-old-boy manual dexterity.

Dad's and Laura's involve random crayon colors that don't photograph well, and I think he left some words out or mixed them up on Dad's (It says, "Dear Dad, Time you home come live (or lie?) down me I with love Dad.") I think this refers to looking forward to Scott coming home (he's out of town this week), and how they like to snuggle in Miles' bed when Scott reads to him at bedtime. It's a little convoluted, but obviously lovingly meant.

3 comments:

  1. umm, wow- that is pretty AWESOME!! go Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Emily. Thanks for sharing! :) What a sweetie pie. I would save it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! His spelling is better than Scout's!! He must have a terrific teacher.

    ReplyDelete